Saturday, December 8, 2007

Flickr: I Could've Been Quickr

All right, here's a picture. I hope you're all happy now ;-). The process was exceedingly easy with the combination of Jenn's camera and our new Mac computer (praise be) with its marvelous iPhoto software. This is a clear sign that I need a digital camera of my own.

My favorite part of the library's Flickr page are the READ posters. What I'd like to see are some scanned historical photos from the library's archives. Pat Groh mentioned to me recently that in the old days, people in the library's book discussions--including her--used to smoke cigarettes rather than sip tea and eat cookies. Now that's something I'd like to see a picture of. I don't know if we have such an old photo, but I bet there are other neat things in our archive.

I really don't know what tags to suggest for the library's Flickr page since surely this must depend on the photo being tagged. I think the tag "Skokie" will be enough to pull Skokie residents to us, and that's who want to come to the library anyway.

1 comment:

rich said...

i like that idea. where are the library's photo archives anyway?